Three Chinese junks, two skiffs and a rowboat.

Friday, July 15, 2011

The Meat House & Quotable Roommates

Tony and I took a long walk around Troy today, and we found some of the most beautiful buildings I've seen in what seemed to be the well-cared for area. Makes me jealous, as we live in the duct-tape part of town. There was a single bedroom, three closet (yes, you read that correctly) apartment for $600/month. Third floor? I can barely keep my little corner of paradise cool, much less survivable, for half that. The only intriguing aspect? No dogs, but cats were not mentioned. Ponderousness for thought.

And speaking of works that just plain out sound weird, Tony has had some pretty hilarious quotes lately. If you can imagine these phrases in a ridiculous, Eastern European accent, then you're pretty well on your way to understanding what I have to deal with on a day-to-day basis.

"Taco is meat in food hammock!" No idea where this came from.
"Shish-kabob is stripper meat that fails!" Pretty sure he pulled this out of thin air, too.

Yesterday, Tony and I took a drive out to Clifton Park for Boneless Wing Thursdays at Buffalo Wild Wings. These trips have been tradition since undergrad, when we'd run down to Mason City and eat chicken and shoot digital moose! We felt like MANLY MEN! The three letter initials that you choose for yourself? Tony is LOL and my moniker is AFK. Go figure, I'm the one that always loses.

We played that moose hunting game again, and, no surprise, Tony got all the sites perfect and the bonus game with 96% accuracy. This is the game that I tend to play like I used to play Nintendo Duck Hunt: I'd put the gun RIGHT up to the screen and blam away, hoping to God that I hit something. And that snickering little dog? He still haunts me. But hey, after a while, I got good at scraping the gun across the little TV screen to the point where it really didn't matter WHERE I aimed it. I was a Summer Camp Winner.

Thank you, Camp Omega, for trying to teaching me that I don't have to try to gain anything. (That's just a little plug for the old summer vacation spot!)

No comments: